Friday, August 3, 2012

Simple Skincare Soothing Facial Toner Review

Today's review is from a UK brand named Simple, which recently began selling their products in the US. I could not wait to try their skincare line, as they claim to be "sensitive skin experts," creating hypoallergenic products without dyes, perfumes, and other irritants. And the best part is, they do all of that at drugstore prices! So as soon as I saw their new soothing facial toner in stores, I had to test it out.



I should start off by saying that I always tend to avoid toners, as I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. Most drugstore toners that I have encountered contain acne fighting chemicals like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which are way too harsh and drying for my skin. While the benefits of a toner always sounded appealing, paying high end prices to find a gentle one did not.


The Simple toner does not contain any of those abrasive acne treating ingredients. There is also no alcohol in this product, which is important for those of us with dry skin. The ingredients that this toner does have include vitamin B5, chamomile, witch hazel, and allantoin. Together, they promise to restore, soften, smooth, soothe, and tone the skin, as well as tighten pores. The one thing that this product contains that is surprising, coming from a brand that tries to avoid bad ingredients, is methylparaben. This is not a deal breaker for me since it is the last ingredient (meaning the quantity is tiny), and the toner has so many other beneficial ingredients that outweigh this negative one. But I know some people are very serious about avoiding all parabens, so it is something to keep in mind.


I have been using this toner for over a month now and I love it. I use it once a day or once every other day, after cleansing and before moisturizing. I have fairly good skin to begin with, so it hasn't been a complete miracle product, but I have noticed some subtle differences. I do not struggle with acne, but I do get occasional breakouts from stress, hormones, or not washing my face twice a day due to laziness. Despite having quite a stressful month and falling asleep several times without washing my face, I have had almost no breakouts. The couple of pimples that I did get were much smaller and quicker to disappear than usual. My face is also noticeably smoother. I have struggled with dry skin bumps on my forehead for years, and they are almost completely gone now. The natural redness in my cheeks has been slightly reduced as well.


I have to attribute all of these benefits to this toner, as nothing else in my skincare routine has changed this month. I can't tell you one way or another whether it lives up to the claims of restoring the skin and tightening pores (since I do not struggle with large pores or scarring that needs to be restored). But all of the other claims were met in my experience, so I am quite satisfied.

I finally found a toner that does not dry out my skin or give me an allergic reaction, and it will have a permanent place in my daily skincare routine from now on. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone with dry, sensitive, or normal skin. I also think that it has the potential to work well for people with combination to oily skin. But if you struggle with a lot of acne, you may want to supplement it with a toner designed specifically with chemicals to fight breakouts. The Simple soothing facial toner retails for $6.99 and is available at any drugstore. I can't wait to try out more Simple products; I especially have my eye on the night cream and eye cream.

What is your favorite toner?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I used this toner before and it was a very pleasant experience. Can't wait to reintroduce this to my skincare routine. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog Thank for the review, Use Biotique
    Honey Water Clarifying Toner from RetailPharma and Brings skin into perfect pH balance.
    Biotique Toner
    Alcohol Free Toner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this product. used this toner before and it was a very pleasant experience. Can't wait to reintroduce this to my skincare routine. I bought it here:
    https://linhcorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/skincare/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuschia Hydrating Facial Toner Lavender, This Toner not only tones your skin, also gives you a hydrated refreshing feel, rejuvenates skin to its youthful glow from first use itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried shopping on this website. This is a great choice. Fast delivery service, good quality and free shipping anywhere. try and feel offline
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com

    ReplyDelete