Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nail of the Day: Revlon Zealous


Today's nail of the day is Revlon's Zealous.

4 Coats, Natural Light

This is a relatively new shade from Revlon, that appears to be an addition to their permanent collection. Zealous is a bright chartreuse with subtle gold shimmer. In fact, the shimmer is so subtle that the camera couldn't really pick it up, but you can see it in person if you look closely. For the most part, it just seems to add extra shine and a hint of a golden sheen. The slight shimmer makes it a bit more unique, as other chartreuse polishes that I have seen are cremes.


Unfortunately, Zealous has a very tricky formula. I was quite disappointed by this, because I almost never have a problem with Revlon's nail polishes. It is thick, streaky, and sticky. I felt like I needed twice as much polish on the brush than I normally would for other polishes, because it really stuck to the nail and did not want to spread out at all. Despite the thickness, I had to apply four coats before all of the streaks and sheer spots disappeared. But the polish still did not even out very well, which is best seen on my index finger in the picture below.

4 Coats, Direct Sunlight

I really like the color of Zealous, but its terrible formula frustrates me a lot. I probably won't get as much use out of it as I would like to, since it took SO long to apply. I am usually willing to take extra time to paint my nails for a gorgeous color, but what really bothers me here is that no matter how much time I spent working with it, the result never looked flawless. This is the only chartreuse nail polish that I have tried to far, but I definitely want to test out others. I will be interested to see if chartreuse is one of those colors that has a bad formula across the board, or if this is just one of the few products from Revlon that is disappointing.

Are you willing to paint four coats of polish on your nails, or do you think it is just a waste of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment