Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nail of the Day: China Glaze Kalahari Kiss


Today's nail of the day is Kalahari Kiss from China Glaze's fall 2012 collection, which is called On Safari.

2 Coats, Natural Light

Kalahari Kiss is a cross between beige and mustard yellow. It is a unique spin on nude, and I don't have anything else like it in my collection. I really like mustard polishes in the fall, but find that it isn't the most flattering color next to my light skin. This toned down version is a great for anyone who feels the same way. I love that China Glaze put this color in the fall collection. I always think it is nice to have some lighter options in the colder months, since most of the polishes tend to be dark and vampy.

2 Coats, Direct Sunlight

The formula isn't bad, but it isn't as good as some of China Glaze's other cremes. It is opaque in 2 coats, but is a touch on the thick side. It tends to pool up around the edges of the nails if you aren't careful, and it takes a long time to try (even with a fast drying top coat). I think I will try thinning this polish out before I use it again.
 
Even though the formula isn't amazing, I think this is a perfect polish for fall. It is neutral enough to go with any outfit, but the touch of yellow makes it stand out at the same time. The On Safari collection is currently available in beauty supply stores and retails for $6.49 a bottle. I recommend picking China Glaze polishes up at Sally Beauty Supply, because they only cost $4.99 for beauty club members.

What is your favorite polish from the On Safari collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment